Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Alice in wonderland camp

The theme of my last summer camp was Alice in Wonderland. I have one more camp last (winter) and then I'm done.

Mad hatter hats.
The theme was fun. We could go loads of crazy stuff around the theme. The main learning points were adjectives and opposites.

Ideas for the camp:

- Pin the tail on the Cheshire cat (pin the tail on the donkey)

- Queeny says (Simon says) 

- Who is it? (one student sits with their back to the screen. Different characters are shown. Their team has to describe the character. They have 1 minute to guess as many characters as possible.

- Mad hatter hats then use them to play games (catch balls in the hat).

- Make the queen laugh. The teacher is the red queen. The students have to tell jokes, dance or perform a play. If the teacher doesn't like she/he will say 'Off with their heads!'

- Hopping challenge - Students have to match the characters with their names. The names are around the classroom. Students have to hop to collect the names. 

- Plate throwing. Students have to throw the plates into the baskets. Each basket has different points at the bottom and a question.

- Turn the roses red. Use red tissue paper with white tissue paper on top. Students throw water balloons at them to turn them red.

- Musical chairs and other party games.

- Fill the bucket. fill one bucket full of water. Have one empty bucket the opposite side of the playground. students have to fill using a teacup.

- Waterfight - Buy some water balloons. Students have two teams. The white team and the red team. Number the students. Number one from each team stand opposite each other with a bell in the middle. Teacher asks questions and the students answer to win balloons. Do until all balloons have been won, then play!!!

- Fill in the missing words from the Alice in Wonderland 2010 movie theme song.



1 comment:

  1. All powerpoints and books are on here. You have to register to download though ^^; Sorry! http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,47943.0.html

    ReplyDelete